Happy Tuesday, friends! It’s almost hump day and then we’re halfway done with the week! Wooohooo!!! I hope y’all had a great weekend and a happy Super Bowl Sunday! The game was great, but I used it as an excuse to eat yummy food and watch commercials! We pigged out on dips and snack food. Hopefully you guys ate well too! While we countdown to Friday, I have a Valentine’s Day inspired Strawberry Cake Popcorn recipe that will help satisfy your sweet tooth.
It’s February and I’ve got all kinds of yummy goodness on my mind! So don’t be surprised if you see more recipes like this popping up. This is a perfect salty and sweet snack! Whether you want to have it in the kitchen just to munch on, or if you have Valentine’s Day parties coming up…this recipe will do the job!
I mean you really can’t ever go wrong with marshmallow creme and chocolate! We had date night at home this week and this sure did beat movie popcorn! Yum!
- 3 cups - Marshmallow Creme
- 1 cup - M&M's
- 1 bag - Popcorn (Standard size)
- 1½ cups - Strawberry Cake Mix
- Pop the popcorn and remove all loose kernels
- Melt marshmallow creme in microwave safe bowl until it's able to be poured (stirring every 15-30 seconds)
- Put half of the popcorn in a gallon size ziplock
- Pour half of the marshmallow creme into the bag and shake until the popcorn is covered
- Add ½ cup of M&M's and ¾ cup of strawberry cake mix and shake (you may need to shift the bag around with your hands)
- Once the popcorn is covered, pour out onto parchment paper to dry
- Repeat steps 3-6 with remaining popcorn
Wow! This looks fantastic! I can’t wait to try it! It sounds like kettlecorn on steroids- thanks, Ashlie!
Thank you! It’s pretty yummy! Let me know what you think if you end up making it!