This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NurseryMusts #CollectiveBias
If you’re a first time mom, prepping for baby can be overwhelming. You’ll hear of all the things you need when your little one is in the newborn stage, the crawling stage, and so on. I found all of that helpful, but I thought I’d create a nursery must haves list from Target when it come to all the things you can use for baby during the entire first year. These were my favorites with our first son and continued to be favorites with our second. All of which can be used from month one to month twelve.
- Playtex VentAire Bottles: We have used these with Harper and Rohen and they continue to be our favorite. I picked these bottles initially because they help the little ones from getting too many air bubbles due to the anti-colic bottom vent. Another reason was because of the likeness of the bottle nipple to breastfeeding. Less confusion for baby means a happier, fuller baby. They also help prevent ear infections thanks to the angled bottle design.
- Diaper Genie Complete: This was a new purchase for us this time around and I recommend it for every new mother. The last thing you want to worry about is a stinky room due to dirty diapers. This new Diaper Genie Complete has a built in filter that helps trap odors in and it’s 7 layer bag refill bag keeps you from constantly having to change it out. Not to mention the foot pedal that allows you be hands-free. You’ve got your hands full with that sweet baby after all.
- Diaper Genie Refills: I always stock up on these. Like I mentioned, I’ve tried other brands in the past and the quality of Diaper Genie by far surpasses all others.
- Changing Pad Cover: You’re going to be changing lots of diapers now so I comfy changing pad cover is a must!
- Diapers: Obviously you go through lots of these. I love giving size 2 and up to expectant moms because it’s usually about that time that they run out of what was given to them at baby showers, which is usually newborn and size 1.
- Wipes: You can never have enough wipes when it comes to baby’s bottom or their face when it comes time for food.
- Blankets: One more thing you can’t have enough of in the house. I always keep blankets in the car, diaper bag, etc. They can easily comfort them, act as a burp cloth, or even a perfect spot for a little play time on the floor.
- Q-tips: I love these baby q-tips because of the safety area on them. You can’t ever be too careful with an active baby and they only wiggle more the older they get.
- Baby Thermometer: A great thing to have handy from the moment you have a new little one come into your home. We hate for our babies to be sick, but it happens. It’s helpful to have a thermometer close when those moments arise.
- Bath Towel: One thing every new mom loves is a soft bath towel to snuggle their little one in. I’ve kept the same couple of towels for my boys throughout the years and they’ve become favorites. It doesn’t hurt that they’re cute, too!
Whether you’re a mom who’s expecting, already a mother, or looking to give a pregnant friend or family member the perfect gift, these 10 Target items are definitely must haves year round for your little ones! I know I’m not the only one who goes into Target for one thing and comes out with twenty! It’s my #1 go-to store for all things baby and beyond!