One thing I noticed after having my second child is that I don’t remember what my monthly essential items were with my first child. Moms, don’t all the months seem to run together looking back, or is that just me? So, I thought I’d create our month to month essentials and favorites for the newborn stage and up. This is definitely something I’ll be referencing if we decide to have another baby and I hope it helps y’all too if needed!
- Bouncer This is something I have had since Harper and it has really come in handy! I love how light and portable it is. Plus, it’s great from the newborn stage and up!
- Covered Goods Nursing Cover This was new to me with our second baby. Can I just say how fabulous this cover is?! This is a MUST HAVE! It is SO versatile! It can be used as a nursing cover, buggy cover, and a car seat cover. I’m sure you could use it as something else too. If you have a baby and don’t have this, go buy it. You won’t regret it!
- Baby Bathtub Hello, captain obvious here! You know you need a bathtub, but there are lots out there. This is one I’ve had since Harper and love it! I love the net in that it’s gentle and perfect for your growing newborn. Plus, it can be removed so it can be used as they grow. Love it!
- Honest Company Shampoo & Body Wash New this time around and my current obsession for both of my boys. It smells heavenly and is the safest thing I can put on them when it comes to washing their hair and body!
- SwaddleSure by Halo This is another current obsession. Do you ladies swaddle your babes? If not, you should! Swaddling is a great way to soothe and calm a fussy baby by giving him a feeling of security, similar to being in the womb. It keeps them warm and helps them sleep longer! Ummm…yes! Where do I sign up, right?! The thing that’s great about the SwaddleSure verses receiving blankets is that they can’t escape! Plus, those diaper changes in the night are easy peasy thanks to the pouch that opens up at the bottom.
- Newborn Gowns Gowns are yet one more thing that makes your life easier during those nightly feedings and diaper changing sessions. Plus you can keep them swaddled on top because there is no unzipping involved! Another wonderful thing about gowns is they won’t irritate the umbilical cord while it’s trying to detach.
- Newborn hats Did you know heat escapes from the top of their head? This was news to me with my first baby. So keeping a hat on that first month helps ensure that sweet little thing stays warm and toasty. These BabyGap ones are my fav and oh, so cute!
- Portable bed This is our first-time co-sleeping and I must say, it’s awfully convenient. I read tons of reviews and checked out numerous products and this is the one we decided to get. I love it! It’s worked great to have in the middle of my husband and I without the fear of rolling over. The sides are sturdy and it’s super comfy for the little one. AND you can take it anywhere, which is perfect for traveling or the park or wherever your heart desires.
- Baby blanket I have several of these from Target and we love them! I’m pretty sure we held Rohen all the time during the first month of his life. These blankets are great to throw over them when they’re snuggled up on your chest.
- Momaroo Bouncer This was a new purchase for baby #2 and I AM IN LOVE! I’m sure you’ve heard about it! It’s all the rage and for good reason! It moves like you would if you were trying to settle a baby. Harper hated the traditional swing so I decided to try the Momaroo with Rohen and he loves it!
- Baby wipe warmer This is a new purchase and I definitely recommend it! It’s especially great at the night because it helps them from being alarmed from cold diaper changes.
- Solly Baby Wrap If you follow me on Instagram, it should be no surprise this is one of my all time favorites! I discovered this wrap when Harper was about 6 months old. I love it so much more than the Moby wrap because it’s a thinner fabric, which is great because there’s a lot of body heat going on when you’ve got a baby stuck to your chest. I get so much more done if I’m baby wearing. He loves it!
These are my top 12 newborn picks and I’d love to give one away to an amazing reader! So, I’ve teamed up with Halo for a SwaddleSure by Halo Giveaway!! This thing is seriously amazing! Rohen just loves it and they have different sizes depending on your little one. Make sure to enter to win below!! Good luck!